Nixon's Memoirs: The Last Episode

Sunday, May 23, 2004

The Last Episode

Television viewing can be a very nerve-racking experience. How can it be, I think to myself, that the most brilliant, entertaining shows on television take entire summers off, and end WAY too soon, usually within 5-10 years, leaving their fans to catch re-runs and be able to quote episodes line-for-line decades afterwards?

Then, in comparisson, the most INANE, boring, lifeless productions on television (I speak of Daytime Soaps) have been around since the days of yore when the grandparents gathered around the big wooden Philco to listen in to the ancestors of the same characters that are depicted today. Shows where a one hour event takes a week to finish, and nobody notices that they just left their Christmas party in time to gather for New Year's Eve.

I find myself dreading the impending summer on overnights, armed with nothing but re-runs of my favorite shows. In fact, I know of only one show that I care about that will be airing NEW episodes this summer, and that is the here-to-for greatly missed "Dead Zone" on USA Network.

I have seen so many "Series Finale" "Season Finale" promos this week, it's making my head spin.

But, by the suit of Jerry Orbach, I will survive.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Makes me glad I don't live my life by the television ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather