Nixon's Memoirs: Riverfest results

Friday, May 28, 2004

Riverfest results

Overall, a real blast. Spending time with my wife, and a friend-couple of ours was a rewarding experience. We ate some good (and NOT carb friendly!) foods there, saw lots of people, including some local "news celebrities". We and our friends both agreed that we would NEVER let our daughters dress like most of the teenie girls we saw there. I swear, they looked like child prostitutes (not that I have an actual frame of reference for that.) Wearing skirts that ALMOST covered their butt cheeks, or lowrider pants with thongs, halter tops, or those flimsy "handkerchief shirts." I was embarassed for their parents.

My main reason for wanting to be there was to see the Spin Doctors, but apparantly, the whole band had been comped some extreme amounts of beer before the concert, as they sounded AWFUL, butchered their own lyrics, and kept saying "We're the Spin Doctors" after every song.

On a happier note, a group I had never heard of called Trout Fishing In America put on a fabulous show, and may just be one of my new favorite groups. They are worth a look, blog readers!

We plan to return to festival briefly on Sunday to see Eddie Money, and enter to win a big NASCAR give-a-way.

Fun fun fun!



3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Totally agree on the 'never let our daughters dress like that' comment. I have seen similar dress-wear. Looking at the outfits out there you would think the companies are trying to save money on the threads (literally), but it's unbelievable to me the age they are pushing the slut suits toward. A thong for a 5 year old? give me a break.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger The Barefoot Boi said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that for every 10 teenage girls at Riverfest there was enough clothing to decently cover about TWO! Jeez...and some of these kids were really young.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Zachary said...

Hi. Great site. I'm always looking for fly tying info and sites to recommend to my visitors and I have to say that yours is one of the better ones. Out of time, I'll post again soon.
fly tying

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather