Nixon's Memoirs: Meeting a fellow blogger

Friday, June 11, 2004

Meeting a fellow blogger

Today I had the distinct pleasure of meeting one of my readers in person. Lamkins, "Figuring it out...slowly" blog author, everyone's favorite barista, pardon, COFFEE MASTER.

Knowing full well that my wife reads my blog, I will still say boldly that she is BEAUTIFUL! (Lamkins, and my wife.)

She also whips up a tasty cup of hot chocolate!

I'm looking forward to regular visits to Starbucks now to enjoy the coffee and the conversation.

I worked my coffee stop into several other errands today, including an oil change, which ran kind of high with my "serpentine belt" service. I thought at first that they were just yankin' my chain on that one, but when he showed me the belt, it indeed looked some dried-out Big League Chew.

Mood: Giddy
On Launchcast: "Vice" -Grandmaster Flash

6 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Lucky dog. Not everyday you get to have a Mocha created by an official blogger. : )

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Special K said...

Lamkins also whips up a mean Grande Iced Soy Toffee Nut Latte! My fav! I'm glad you got to meet her. I've had 13+ years pleasure of her friendship. Looking forward to 13+ more years!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Jay said...

i've heard some shops spray the belt with wd40 and charge you for a new one.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

Luckily, I was quite skeptical, and therefore shadowing the mechanic during the whole process, watching him retrieve a new belt, and replace it. But yes, I'm quite aware of dishonest car maintenance places. "Tuneup Masters" was notorious at one point, and I was one of their victims to the tune of $300 in college.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger laurie said...

i had the strawberry & cream frappuccino saturday. hehe. i can just see all of these bloggers popping up in the coffee shop at the same time. scary!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger The Barefoot Boi said...

I also supervise my mechanic...no just so I can be sure he's doing what he's charging me for, but so I'll have a better idea how to fix it myself next time!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather