Nixon's Memoirs: A good week

Saturday, July 10, 2004

A good week

Well, mom left out on Thursday morning, and got lost on her way home. That worries me a bit, knowing that mom's always been good with directions. She ended up staying the night in Glenwood, AR. and made it back the next day.

Friday was fun, the wife and I ran some errands, then ate at Tia's, a Mexican place. After that, we went shopping at Wal-Mart. We use the one in North Little Rock, as it is MUCH cleaner than the one in Little Rock. Sometimes we use the Bryant one as well. Friday evening we went to our church for a special event called "Cafe' and Jam" which is held about every four months and features a food contest (IE: Chili, BBQ) and impromptu music performances by anyone who feels inspired to get on stage. This one featured a "Freeze-Off" Homemade Ice Cream contest. I ran camera part of the time, and it was a blast.

Working overnight tonight, Sunday, and Monday. Then, after my team meeting on Wednesday, I'm ON VACATION.

Our original plan of a trip to Chicago turned out to be finacially unattainable, so, I *sniff* sold my Cubs tickets on eBay, almost making my money back. It's sad for my wife too, who is missing out on both her family reunion, and a visit with her mom, who is flying to Chicago from Oahu.

But, we plan on having a fun time in Memphis, and already have tickets to see the Memphis Redbirds take on the Iowa Cubs. Hey, my Cubs gear will get used afterall! We'll be sitting in "The Bluff" section of AutoZone park in Memphis. We also plan on partaking in several of Memphis' sites and eating establishments. This is all in celebration of my turning 33 on July 16th. Yes, I'm getting old, but I take comfort in knowing my brother is turning 37 on the same day.








1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

So you're five months younger than I am :)

Sorry you & Mrs are missing out on the Chicago trip ... I understand how that sort of thing goes.

Glad you get to go to Memphis though :) That should be fun!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather