Nixon's Memoirs: Some personal time

Friday, July 30, 2004

Some personal time

After the shot to the jaw Wednesday, and actually before then, I decided to take Thursday evening off for some personal reflection. I also used this time for some house-cleaning, laundry, a movie (Chronicles of Riddick) and some time at West End. It was fun, but I found myself with a headache most of the day, and no explanation for why I had it.

I'm off today as well, and plan on going to a Travelers game tonight, even though they are really doing poorly right now.

All I really wanted yesterday was a day to myself, where nobody knew I was home, and nobody would bother me. But, my wife almost talked me out of the info (I told her today) and my mom actually did talk me out of it, and of course called me. I called her back later on to talk about some old pictures I had found whilst cleaning.

Speaking of things found whilst cleaning, I'm finding stuff we never unpacked when we moved to Arkansas over three years ago after our wedding. You'd think after three years, I could just say "It's obvious I can live without this, I should just throw it out, or sell it." But that's getting to be a daunting task. Not so much with my things, but since my wife isn't here, I don't want to throw out something that might be important to her.

I promise most of the political stuff on the left will be gone after November, like I said earlier, this is really just supposed to be about my life and things I think about, but I can't truly seperate that from my politics I suppose.

Right now I'm trying to decide between more cleaning, or some television time. Perhaps I'll keep cleaning until Jeopardy comes on.

Well, Freddy Mercury currently sings to me "The Show Must Go On!" So I suppose it shall!

I'm bored as heck.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

I know exactly what you mean about not throwing things away. We have a lot of boxes in our spare bedroom that haven't been opened in 2 years. But, every time I start to throw them out, I feel bad. I don't want to throw away something important to my husband. So...eh, they'll probably sit unopen for a long time.

I'm bored as well AND it's raining here. blah!

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been doing some decluttering - I emptied some totes in my closet that have been sitting there for two or more years without being opened. Much of it went OUT.

If you're bored, you could try going back to Kingdom of Loathing for a bit ;-)

-Colleen

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather