Nixon's Memoirs: AM/PM

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

AM/PM

A very uneventful day. I still plan on hitting the den/exercise room today, honest! But the major event (or rather non-event) of the day happened this morning.

I had intended on getting up with my wife at 6am in order to spend a little time with her and watch Cold Pizza on ESPN2. Well, when her alarm went off, I still felt really tired, so I asked her to go ahead and reset it to 8am.

Our alarm clock has two settings, which is good since most of the time, she and I are on much different schedules. Well, she set MY alarm for 8. What she didn't realize was that it had been previously set for 6 pm, and so she just moved it forward two hours. I was supposed to be at a mandatory meeting at work at 9am, which is when I finally woke up. I called to tell my boss what happened, but got his machine, so I just left a groggy message stating that I had overslept because my alarm didn't go off, and hope I don't get chewed out when I go in Thursday.

I really hate that meeting anyway, it's held on my day off, at a time that throws off my sleeping pattern, and usually ends up being a group gripe session.

And now for something completely different:

Those of you with spouses, significant others, etc. When you share an item such as popcorn, cheese dip, a bowl of crackers, what have you, does your companion tend to eat off YOUR side of the container? My wife does this, and its one of those little things that just annoys me to no end. She even takes it one step further sometimes by taking long pauses with her hand in front of the container blocking access to the food item. Picture it, both sitting at the table, a bowl of chips, a bowl of dip, she reaches over on MY side, dips her chip, then LEAVES her hand there on my side of the bowl so I can't get to it. She does it at theatres too with the popcorn, she'll just dangle her hand full of popcorn on my side of the box for seconds on end. This is something I just don't understand. I dip on my side, I get my hand out quickly and politely leave the item available for others. Hmm, maybe this is why I always end up with a shirt full of salsa, but darn it, at least I was nice.

Thank you kindly to my new readers, the magic of the blog continues to astound me, and I feel blessed to be a part of it. I have yet to get one negative comment on my blog. (I'm sure that's coming) But that's why God made delete buttons, eh?

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Yep, I eat out of "my" side of a container. That sort of thing irritates me, too.

I guess since she reads your blog, she'll know this annoys you now, huh? hehehehe

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

Oh, she already knows. I wasn't trying to imply actual ownership of the "side", just indicating that it was the side closest to me.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather