Nixon's Memoirs: As of today...

Friday, August 06, 2004

As of today...

Still no actual refund from Holiday Inn, merely the promise of things to come. They claim to have credited our account for the entire stay, and state that a gift certificate for a future stay is also forthcoming.

Last night we discovered that we were charged $60 for two overdraft charges from the bank (one for the draft from Holiday Inn, and a second due to the fact my monthly $3.99 Yahoo! Launchcast payment came out right after the unexpected Holiday Inn draft put us in the hole) which I've asked Holiday Inn to cover as well.

Oddly enough, during this whole mini-crisis, my bank also proved to be quite unhelpful, which is not something I would have expected from Bank of America. They stated that even if I said Holiday Inn made a mistake, and Holiday Inn said they made a mistake, it would still take them up to 45 DAYS to complete an 'investigation' of the matter. Wow, they must have a regular Sherlock Holmes on staff! I'm sure it takes a true financial sleuth to figure out the case when BOTH parties say a mistake was made!

On to bigger and better things. It's almost FOOTBALL season!

Why, my regular readers may ask, is a baseball freak like Nixon excited about football season? I will tell you. No, it's not the overpaid, whining hulks of the NFL that have me jumping with glee, I still save my cheers for the overpaid, whining Boys of Summer. So it is not the Sunday and Monday games that I long for, but Friday and Saturday instead.

My wife is a high school band director, and at this very moment she is dillgently instructing her young group of musicians in the art of the half-time show. I have specially redesigned my schedule so that I may spend Friday evenings with her this fall. Plus, her school just moved down from 3A to 2A, which means they have a good chance of improving on their dismal 2-8 record of last year, with one of those victories by forfeit.

And then, on Saturday afternoons, I will be afforded the opportunity to cheer on my beloved SOONERS to victory in the midst of fans all pulling for the local favorite Arkansas. It becomes a daunting task where any SEC game trumps any other game on the television and other local media outlets. Thank God for the internet and ESPN Gameplan.

Gentle readers, I have added some new and worthy links to the right of my blog. Lileks.com has been a favorite destination on the web of mine for years. Michelle Malkin is a new find, but this incredible young woman is a blatant GENIUS, and reading her puts me in both awe, and shame for not being as well versed and gifted as she. Also, Mr. Netiquette is quite an amusing fellow.

Of course, I encourage visits to ALL my links, or they wouldn't be there.

Blog on!

4 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Talk about bummer on the bank deal.

Sounds like you and your wife are sharing more time together, in you changing your schedule ect. Sounds good.

I will check out the links.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, on being able to participate in your wife's world more!

-Colleen

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger laurie said...

ahhhh.......september 4. first michigan game. even though they are playing miami, ohio. i live for the maize and blue :)

if you ever see a white eclipse driving around town during football season with a michigan flag on the window in the midst of all the razorback propaganda - that's me. hahaha!

go blue!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

OK, for YOU Laurie, I'll root for Michigan this year as well.

Hail to the victors!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather