Nixon's Memoirs: Blogging Iran

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Blogging Iran

I'm not sure if I've ever touched on this area of my past before in my blog, but for a few years in the early 1980's, a man became a part of my life, and made quite an impact on me. His name was Rajhab (I've had no news of him in decades) and he was my mother's second husband. He was from Tehran, but in that volatile time, told any who asked that he was Turkish. He was strict, but fair, cared for my mother and I very much, and taught me a lot of valuable lessons about life. He even wished that my mother and I come with him to live in Tehran, but it was something my mother finally decided against. I may never know why/how it came to pass that he was unable to return to us from his visit to Iran, but I know he longed for something that to this day Iran still lacks. Freedom.

Iraq has it now, though the road will be tough, but Iran is still under the thumb of a cruel and vicious leader.

One of my favorite sites for this struggle, which I began visiting many years ago is www.daneshjoo.org I will add this to my links to the right as well. I have also joined the "Blog Iran" web ring to help raise the awareness of this situation. Often times, those of us in the U.S. get the wrong impression about this situation. I think it is helpful to know that there are millions is Iran who love peace, resent the terrorists who perpetrated 9/11, and who so very much want a free and democratic Iran.

I for one stand by them. For Rajhab, and all Iranians longing for freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather