Nixon's Memoirs: Chicken Tossin'

Friday, August 27, 2004

Chicken Tossin'

We got to the ballpark today in plenty of time to get the Anaheim Angels ballcaps, and wore them inside. As is my routine, I headed to the scorecard stand to buy the $2 Travs scorecard, and enter to participate in the on-field promotional games.

As chance would have it, my name was called to participate in the Wing Stop Chicken Toss. I competed in the Chicken Toss last season when it was sponsored by Popeye's Chicken as well, but lost in a blowout to my best friend (another odd coincidence) five rubber chickens in the bucket to my lowly two.

Well, the rubber chicken spirits were with me tonight, as I tossed FIVE FOR FIVE, defeating my advesary who only managed three. My prize? A complete twenty wing dinner for two! My wife was quite pleased.

We left after the Seventh Inning Stretch because my wife was tired, and the game was tied at four. I'll be sure to include the final score in my next blog.

**UPDATE** The Travs lost a squeaker, 5-4. Dag blast it

2 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Very cool!!! Congratulations, Nix!!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Well done, eat a wing for me!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather