Nixon's Memoirs: Equal Time

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Equal Time

Finally got to the T.V. yesterday morning with plans of catching the last 15 minutes of The Price Is Right, but there instead of Bob Barker was President Bush. So, I sat and listened to what the man had to say, because he is the leader of the free world afterall. I find it so amazing how the press have depicted our President as being such a simpleton, but he handled that press conference very well.

The media seems to play the same tricks that Michael Moore does with his movies, taking something based in truth, editing it, adding things here or there, and coming up with half-truths and fabrications. It reminds me of David Letterman's "Words of Wisdom w/ Dr. Phil" where he would take a small edited snipet out of context and play on the air. As you may recall, Dr. Phil turned the tables on him on one of his visits to The Late Show. Basically, if the press wants someone to look bad, they can make them look bad, and I should know, I majored in Journalism.

So, of course, yesterday afternoon, the French-looking Democrat nominee gets himself some "equal time" on the air, once again spouting off what HE would do if elected, which from what I saw included calling Congress back into session right away.

O.K., Senator, say he follows your advice, then arranges it to where you're required to be there well past November? Kind of hard to campaign when you're supposed to be voting on vital legislation. Oh, nevermind, that hasn't stopped you so far.

Now for the surprise comment of the day from me. I actually admire the fact that the Kerry/Edwards campaign is holding open forums for their speeches, which allowed for the "Four More Years/Three More Months" incident with ketchup lady. While I understand the security logistics of it, the fact that Bush/Cheney speeches are requiring Social Security numbers and pledges of undying loyalty to all things Bush makes me kind of ill, and reminds me of the infamous German-accented "Papers please" line in many an old war film.

That all being said, I've still never voted for a Democrat for any office higher than State Secretary of Education in Oklahoma, where I thought at the time Sandy Garrett was doing a fine job. I don't imagine I ever will, either. The issues are too important, and the moral gap much too wide for me to ever consider it. I would sooner be persuaded to convert to Islam than register as a Democrat.

Sadly, a lot of Democrat friends I've talked to in the past can't even tell me WHY they are Democrats, other than their parents were Democrats, and somehow they think the "RICH" Republicans are screwing them over, even if they can't identify what that means. Screwing you over how? By making lots of money? You do realize that YOU TOO could potentially earn a lot of money, if you have the talent, skill, dedication, and sometimes good fortune to do so. I don't anticipate myself ever being rich, however, because I never forsee people paying $100 a ticket to watch me steer a kid away from a life of crime and drugs. Oh, if only I could throw a football 70 yards instead. But, by no means do I fault those who can. Nor do I fault the "Rich" who contribute so much to our society.

A liberal friend of mine in college once told me that with America's wealth, everyone could afford to live in a $200,000 home if it were evenly redistributed. Wow, great for me, living in campus housing at the time, but I think Bill Gates would object. Plus, even if through some Kerry-sponsored legislation you DID manage to evenly redistribute the country's wealth (except Teresa's, of course) it would all go back to where it was originally anyway. Gates would still be a computer genius, people would still buy his software, people would still shop at Wal-Mart and make all the Walton's rich again, and those that had the drive and ambition to earn their wealth before, would do so again. It's like an ant farm, shake it up and what happens? They all go right back to work to build again.

Republicans are the ants, working hard for their reward.
Democrats are the grasshoppers, refusing to help until the very end, then wanting to reap the same benefit with no work.

Nobody wants to help MAKE the bread, but everyone wants to eat it.

"nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." -2nd Thessalonians 3:8&10

3 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Very well said! I like your post here. Thanks for visiting my blog. I've also added you to my blogroll. Keep up the good posts!

joel

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Wow Nixon. Well said and very nice.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Don said...

Well said Nixon, I appreciate your distinctions between Dems and Reps in the area of economics you are dead on. Couldn't agree more. The issue I have is the Republican desire to control my personal life opposite of the Democrats desire to control my economics. That's why I will probably vote
Michael Badnarik, Libertarian for President
The nightmare around the FCC was my breaking point this spring. Janet Jackson acts like an idiot in front of millions and a insignificant radio jock (Bubba the Love Sponge www.btls.com) I loved on XM Radio gets fired by Clear Channel due to the FCC crackdown on Howard Stern.

That series of events irritated me to no end, no one was willing or able to stand up for freedom. I see it consistently in Republican policies. Our Constitutional Freedoms are disappearing and I'm tired of it.

I'd love to read your blog commentary about your disagreement w/the Libertarian position on the war in Iraq. Thanks for stopping to read my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather