Nixon's Memoirs: Funerals and fatness

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Funerals and fatness

Well, it hit me hard this week.

Not only the sadness over the loss of my grandmother, but some other factors this week leading me to a not-so-good place.

This Saturday, the whole family will gather to honor and remember my grandmother's legacy, and while yes, I realize it's not about me, this unfortunate and unexpected 'family reunion' will once again find me very unfit.

At last step upon my specially-purchased scale, I weighed 385 lbs. This is just five pounds shy of my all-time heaviest.

My cousins, mother, friends, and yes, even my now deceased grandmother have all warned me for YEARS about my weight. And each time I took what they said with a grain of salt, along with several hundred other grains of salt, piled onto various fried foods.

For YEARS, I've used flimsy excuses like a broken foot when I was 18, poor metabolism, genetic disposition, depression, carb addiction, anything that made it sound like it wasn't my fault.

I AM A FAT, LAZY PERSON AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT.

There, that feels better, very Republican of me I think.

I am ready, and hereby publicly declare that I will do everything in my power to overcome this.

Stay tuned, Memoir-Maniacs, the revolution will be BLOGGED.

Okay, a little over-dramatic, but what the heck.

5 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

God speed, friend. Just a word of caution, it didn't take overnight to get there and it will not be overnight to get from there.

But that's coming from an impatient soul.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger AngeNose said...

Baby steps, man! I lost some weight last year after progressively gaining weight for many years. I joined a gym, started on the eliptical machine, worked my way up to walking on the treadmill, then running on the treadmill, then I quit the gym and started running outdoors. I was inspired when I saw the group of marathon runners going past my appartment window one sunday morning. At that moment I thought to myself, I want to do that. I wanted to be part of that group of people. This year, I will hopefully be a part of it (provided my hiking-toes heal in time). I learned that it's all mind over matter - you can do anything you set your mind to. I'll look forward to seeing your progress!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

I can SO relate! I believe I am currently at my heaviest - even heavier than the day before I gave birth to my youngest :( I need to work at losing, too!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Well, Nixon. I hope you can do it, sounds like you have a good help base here. I support you man.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger France said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me, "Nixon". :) I had the same reservations about going to the funeral. I am once again FAT! I can't seem to get this !@#$%^ weight off. I have seriously considered the gastric bypass thing. I mean, I would rather be thin and unhealthy than FAT and unhealthy. Do they do brain transplants? Maybe that's what I need..... I do believe that mom took a picture of us while we were talking; let's make that our 'before' picture, join forces and declare war on this FAT!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather