Nixon's Memoirs: Tales of sweat, and a plug

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Tales of sweat, and a plug

Ugh! I've about had it with this heat. My Little Rock readers may say. 'Gee, Nix, it hasn't been that hot.' But let me assure you, when the temperature IN your home is equal to or greater than the temperature OUTSIDE, it is indeed hot.

Our A/C broke down a couple of weeks ago, and we have lacked the finances to even consider fixing it or replacing it. Luckily, the recent mild weather helped, but it has been slowly crawling back into the 90's this week, and we are feeling it. It's only positive side effect has been that my wife is now walking around the house in less clothing, a practice I certainly encourage. :)

I would like my regular readers, if they feel so inclined, to visit my cousin's new blog, and offer her encouragement and comments. She is new to blogging, much like I was a few months ago, and I want this to be a positive and rewarding experience for her, as it is for me. She is one fantastic woman!

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to go stand in front of the freezer. Currently 87 degrees in here!




3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Eeek. Sorry to hear about the A/C! I hope you guys can get it fixed soon!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Total bummer on the A.C., I feel for you or anyone else without it.

I also added your cuz to my blog roll. : )

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Ugh! I had that "no air" thing a while back myself - but thankfully only for a couple days!! Hope you can either get it fixed or have cooler weather soon!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather