Nixon's Memoirs: Nothing new on the home front

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Nothing new on the home front

Life had been pretty uneventful the past week. We did get the Gateway M520 laptop computer, which is fabulous, especially to watch DVD's on, because the picture on it is nicer than anything I've ever seen. I haven't had a chance to test out the Wi-Fi yet, and won't until next week because that's when I'll have both the time and money to visit my favorite "hot spot" and watering hole, West End.

In answer to the comment on my previous post, yes, I have indeed heard of Fox News, and believe them to be the most trusted news source available. The problem is, the left, and the uninformed have been so used to CBS and most other major news outlets being so BLATANTLY biased, that when an honest-to-goodness FAIR media appears, I'm sure it would appear to be "Right-wing" in comparison.

Besides, the ratings say it all.

Sorry it's been so long, and that this is so little. I should pick up the pace in a week or so.

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Tanner said...

You know, I have a lot in common with supporters of Fox News. If anything, I agree with Bush more often than with Kerry. But, as someone who votes neither Democratic nor Republican (though I have voted Republican in the past), I have to admit to seeing a little bias in Fox's reporting.

One example: segments about the war in Iraq are always opened with a display of the American flag and the heading "The War on Terror."

Where's the bias in this? It is clearly at least an open question among experts as to whether our current Iraq engagement is a continuance of the struggle against Al Qaeda and terror or a new front entirely. If you were to ask me, I'd say the latter.

Anyway - humble opinion. Don't mean to cause no stir. If anything, I think that the other networks are biased as well and that the media as a whole leans way left.

Finally, thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I noticed your comment on there. Really appreciate your input.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Circa Bellum said...

Glad you're back, was beginning to worry...

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Good to seeing you writing again, Nixon.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather