Nixon's Memoirs: Computer issues

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Computer issues

Having trouble getting to the web at the moment. I'm typing this from my wife's work computer right now. I have yet to manage to connect my laptop to the internet, as it refuses to recognize my broadband modem. My desktop WAS working fine, but apparantly it got depressed the other day while I was gone and tried to commit suicide by violently ripping its own monitor and ethernet cables out the back of itself. OR, let's see, my brother-in-law, who frequently damages our things when visiting, was also in the house. Of course, he claims he didn't touch it, just like he always does.

Gateway says that yes, we are under warranty, but it will be 3-5 weeks for the repairs to get done.

So, unless I can get a tech over to my place to look at my laptop, expect light blogging for the next month or so.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Bummer man. I hate PC problems.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Bus Snob said...

one of my friends built a box to slide OVER his desktop PC... (vent holes cut in the sides of course) so that his kids couldn't play with the disk drives and buttons.

in your case.. you might want to bolt it to the desk for the BIL or something like that...:)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather