Nixon's Memoirs: Stolen Honor AND Free Speech

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Stolen Honor AND Free Speech

I can't say I'm surprised that the liberals fought the airing of "Stolen Honor" on Sinclair Broadcasting, going into their deep pockets and using their vast (left-wing conspiracy?) media resources to intimidate and bully Sinclair into pulling the show.

What are they so afraid of?

I've read a lot of liberal banter on the subject, and while on one hand, they cry "foul" because Sinclair reaches 25% of American homes, they then turn right around and jest about "The two dozen viewers" who would be watching should Stolen Honor air. So which is it?

Obviously, I made up my mind on this election four years ago, but I wanted to see this film to get more than a thirty second explanation of what this freak did back then. I had my chance, I suppose, when Dave Elswick showed it at his Conservative Film Festival, but I'm a day sleeper who works weekends, and couldn't make it.

I was born in 1971, the same year John Kerry was here bad-mouthing true American heroes like my step-father, who doesn't talk about Vietnam, but served honorably.

Near as I can tell, Kerry is a traitor at worst, and an idiot at least.

20 years in the U.S. Senate, and just now he's come up with a "plan"? And a "secret plan" at that, which he'll reveal only if he's elected.

Dumbass, if you've actually got something that will be good for the country, you should have introduced it in bill form on the floor of the Senate sometime in the last 20 years. I'm supposed to believe that you just now came up some almighty "plan" that's gonna change the world? I hope you wrote it down, along with your miracle cure for paralysis, just in case.

And so, if you lose, Tehran John, you're just going to take your "plan" and go home? If this "plan" is so good, why not tell it now to help you get elected?

Oh, I get it, THERE IS NO PLAN!

Unless, your plan is to rape America's middle class and small businessmen while your rich wife continues to pay TWELVE PERCENT in taxes on income she's done NOTHING to earn.

How anyone can vote for Kerry is beyond me, unless they are just woefully uninformed, or dreadfully misguided by blind hate.

5 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger laurie said...

blinded by pure hatred here i guess. ;)

i must know....are you voting for or against Amendment 3, the proposed "protection of marriage" amendment? it's probably obvious how i'm voting, but i'm curious to hear what you have to say.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

Well, it may come as a surprise to you and a lot of my readers, but I'm against that amendment. I'm more in tune with Cheney than I am with Bush on this concept.

While I still think marriage should be between one man and one woman in the church, I'm afraid the amendment will just further erode the rights of gays of lesbians to form civil unions and enjoy the same tax burden, er, sorry "benefits" as married couples.

This is why I also support getting rid of the marriage penalty on taxes, and in fact would like it if married couples actually got a tax incentive for staying married. This would apply to legal civil unions too, if I had my way.

With an Uncle, and several friends who are gay, I am sensitive to this issue.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Circa Bellum said...

If you still want to see Stolen Honor, here ya go...

http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/stolenhonor.wmv

It's low res, but appears to be the whole 42 minutes in a 12 meg file...

Greg

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am legally blind, and I also hate a lot of people. I violently object to your comment that only a person with "blind hatred" could vote for Kerry. In the name of all people with blind hatred, I want to tell you that you are doing a disservice to America by characterizing us as voting "en bloc" to unseat our President, who has -- to my great delight -- appointed federal judges who have tried to weaken the Americans With Disabilities Act. We stand to lose our rights as blind people to a lot of things, and I support any weakening of my rights as a blind person.

I cannot simply swallow your callous and outrageous remark targeted at those of us with blind hatred. Nor can my compatriots. We demand that you recant as soon as possible. Otherwise, we will be forced to boycott your site.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

I think you're joking, but just in case:

A: It's a metaphor.

B: It's my blog, I'll say whatever I want.

C: I'm not selling anything, so it would be impossible to "boycott" by site, and I would be none too sad to see you go.

D: If you had any difficulty in reading my blog, accept my apology, as I have yet to get my site "Bobby" approved, it's something I've intended to do.

E: The ADA has helped me more than once, and I'm a firm supporter of it.

But like I said, I think you're joking, you'd almost have to be.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather