Nixon's Memoirs: 11-0!

Saturday, November 20, 2004

11-0!

My Sooners ended the regular season undefeated, and in convincing fashion over the Baylor Bears 35-0.

I realize that no matter HOW OU won today, there would be people who would find something to criticize, either we should have scored more on Baylor, or shouldn't have "run up the score", or whatever. Well, 35 is hardly running it up, but it's not a shabby win either. If the all the sports pundits and haters would just tell us how the WANT us to win, maybe we could accommodate them.

One game left, which is the Big 12 Title Game against a team still TBD.

Auburn squeaked past Alabama today, looking pathetic in the first half, and waning in the final minutes before they ran down the clock in pansy style. Ah, too bad you couldn't find another 1-AA team like The Citadel to pick on.

But I still agree that Auburn should be Number 2 in the BCS, with OU being Number 1. USC has an even WORSE strength of schedule than Auburn, while OU has the best of the three teams.

But, such is life, and Auburn did nothing to impress anybody today, and will remain 3rd until they lose to Tennessee in the SEC title game. Now, if only Notre Dame could beat USC, and OU and Utah could play in the Orange Bowl!

Props to Lord Spatula's TCU Horned Frogs who handled Southern Miss today. And Laurie darling, you shouldn't of dissed me Sooners, for it brought on the curse of the Buckeye. (muah.)

That's all for now, I'm about to do a 13 hour shift on 2 1/2 hours sleep.


Update 1: I KNEW this would happen, the reviews are starting to come in, and of course the writers are clamoring for cliche's and tired phrases. In a story titles "Oklahoma runs it up" Writer Stephen Hawkins says:

"No regrets for Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops this week, just the lopsided win the No. 2 Sooners needed to pad their BCS numbers. "

Yet, in another story, called "Auburn Slips back to No. 3" writer Ralph Russo says:

"Oklahoma decided to rest its starters once it got a big lead against the Bears, instead of piling it on to impress voters. "

So which is it, people? Were we "piling it on" to "pad (our) BCS numbers"? or pulling our starters and being good sports. Did we score too many points, or score too few in the first half, or what? How would you like us to win our next game? Perhaps if you could tell us the score you'd like ahead of time?



4 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Circa Bellum said...

Playa hatahs. Dats awl. Doan sweat em.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey, I think Auburn has a chance at beating Tennessee so don't give up on them yet!! I was disappointed that their win was not a greater margin yesturday but they are undefeated and I was proud of that..Auburn needed a good year. Alabama has a history of having good football and kudos to them but they've just had a strain of bad luck this year! We loose all of the good seniors this year and so Auburn may have a down year next season...
Anyway, I was gonna tell you that in reference to your comment on my blog about packages for soldiers, let me know if you're interested..I know of several programs where you can "adopt" a soldier to sent letter/carepackages, etc to ..and I know some that are over there now as well and have addresses if you'd like to send them an email!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

That would be great! I'd love to "adopt" a Coast Guardsman if possible, as that it the service I wanted to join. If not CG, then a Marine. I was just thinking how much it would stink to be overseas for the holidays and not get anything from home due to having no family here, etc.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey, email me at julieswartz72@aol.com and I'll send you a couple of links to adopt a soldier. Mine is Marine. There are a couple of great groups out there. I've had my Marine for a little while yet. Christmas mail will take a while to get there so I just mailed my cards over there yesturday! Anyway, drop me a line and I'll get you the info :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather