Nixon's Memoirs: Nixon's thankful for:

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Nixon's thankful for:

Our God in Heaven, who gave us His Son, Jesus Christ.

My Godly and beautiful wife, who has been my true devotion for over five years now.

The Church @ Rock Creek, for their spiritual guidance.

My health, such as it is, and the bad parts are all my fault anyway.

My family, steeped in tradition, and one cousin inparticular who serves as my inspiration. (Yeah, you!)

Good friends, both the ones I see in person, and those who have befriended me here.

My employer, and my employment, long may they remain solvent.

The American voters, for making the RIGHT decision.

My home.

Our two running vehicles, despite them being eleven and twenty-one years old.

The University of Oklahoma, for giving me an education, and their football team for giving me pride in my alma mater.

Blogspot, for providing this invaluable tool for mental health.

Baseball

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, et al.

Wal-Mart

Drug companies, who help keep me alive.

And most certainly, for living in the United States, where all the above are possible, and we have the freedom to be thankful for them, thanks to the men and women of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Merchant Marines, and the civilian employers and employees that make it possible for them to protect our freedom.

God bless Amercia!




5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Happy Thanksgiving Nixon! I hope you and your wife have a wonderful day.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Tony Mc said...

Nice post. We have so much to be thankful for. That University of Oklahoma thing, I'm not so sure about.
Nice Season. The Crimson Tide is the team in '05. Been watching all my life, I know when it is their time.
Tony Mc

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger laurie said...

happy thanksgiving! (a day late, i know...). i usually end up reading a week's worth of your posts at a time so i can never respond to everything.

hope you're feeling better!

i did learn my lesson about saying stuff about OU and then having my team lose to the dismal buckeyes (but seriously, they played an impressive game!). thanks to iowa for beating wisconsin and keeping my wolves in the Rose Bowl ;) if we could only get rid of the Trojans, everything would be nice...

anyway....thanks for reading and commenting and stuff on my blog. sometimes i don't think i thank people enough for that :)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Faith in Florida said...

Great post. It made me think of all the stuff I am thankful for, in light of all the regulare stresses of life. Refreshing....

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Very nice post and I hope you are feeling lots better!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Julie :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather