Nixon's Memoirs: Tailgatin'

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Tailgatin'

We did something different, Friday, as there is no OU game this weekend. We had two free tickets to the 103.7 The Buzz tailgate party outside War Memorial stadium in Little Rock, and decided to go. After NOT paying $10 to park, we found a spot at Sears, and walked a ways.

I wore an Arkansas hat, which I had bought at Wal-Mart a few days earlier, and my Sooners jersey. When we got into the midsts of the tailgators(before the ticketed party)I suddenly felt like Michael Moore at the Republican convention. LSU and Arkansas fans alike started harassing me about the jersey, despite my Arkansas hat. One brilliant LSU fans eloquently stated "Yeah, they lost!" to which I replied "Not this season." Some drunken Arkansas fans also suggested that I should root for Oklahoma State, why I'm not sure.

I wanted to have a serious discussion with LSU fans about their feelings on the issue of USC stealing half the title last year, but none of them seemed to be in the place to have a meaningful conversation.

I will give credit to the BUZZ crew, though, who treated me and everyone else there with respect, and made sure we had a good time.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey, where are you? I have been checking back and forth and no posts! Hope everything is OK..

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather