Nixon's Memoirs: More cheer

Thursday, December 16, 2004

More cheer

Thankfully, my wife's car was easily repaired, as it was a problem with the fuel filter. The cost was at the limit of what our budget could stand, but at least we didn't have to look into another car.

I took my wife to work (it doesn't sound right if I say I took my wife to school) Wednesday morning, and then scurried back to Little Rock to make it to my team meeting. After the meeting, we did a "Dirty Santa" gift exchange. These have always gone badly in the past. Two years ago I got re-gifted with the present I had brought the year before. Three years ago I got a jar of peppers, and last year was O.K. when I ended up with a table hockey game.

This year went very well, everyone kept the gift they opened, nobody stole an item, and everyone was happy with what they got. I ended up with a collection of gourmet coffee. I couldn't have picked out a nicer gift, seeing as I work overnights.

I picked my wife up in the afternoon, and we went and got her car. Today, her job (school) is having a faculty Christmas party with food and door prizes, so I'll be going to that. When we get home, we're going to try and force ourselves to send out the Christmas cards that have been sitting on the dining room tables, along with stamps and address labels, for two weeks now.

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Circa Bellum said...

It probably only sounds wrong since you're from Oklahoma... lot's of guys take their wife to school in ARKANSAS...

sorry, couldn't resist...

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Don't feel bad--I haven't mailed my cards out either and they, too, have been sitting on the dining room table! I'm Miss Procrastinator this year! Merry Christmas from Georgia and prayers for a happy New Year!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger BillyBudd said...

As a rule of thumb, if the car is fuel injected change the fuel filter once a year. The fuel pump will last longer.
Merry Christmas

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather