Nixon's Memoirs: Happy King Day!

Monday, January 17, 2005

Happy King Day!

Our recent visit to Atlanta, which included trips to Ebenezer Baptist, The King Memorial, the Center for Social Change, and the King Museum, really opened my eyes to everything the good Dr./Rev meant to this country. Before his efforts, my marriage would be illegal, and both my wife and I would be subject to severe penalty.

I urge all my readers to take some time today and learn a little more about this great man than you already knew. I thought I knew a lot before the Atlanta trip, but I learned so much more.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Matt Wisner said...

Right on Nixon-
One of my favorite King quotes is:

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Great advice for the times we are living in.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger hp said...

Dr. King was a great man who could have rallied blacks to rise up in violence, but instead encouraged passive resistance. He was a man who put his Christian beliefs into action. I admire him very much.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Alright Nixon. Where are you hiding?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather