Nixon's Memoirs: Hey, Basketball!

Monday, January 10, 2005

Hey, Basketball!

Helping relieve the shock and awe of the OU football loss are Kelvin Sampson and the Sooner rounballers who are 12-2, in the top 25, and defeated 11th ranked UCONN today 77-65 at Lloyd Noble Center. Their only losses have come at the hands of Washington and Duke.

My mother-in-law went home to Hawaii today after a long and enjoyable visit. She had been here since Christmas Eve, and it was great having her. She'll be back in June!

I'm due to see the doc tomorrow, as I've been having this strange problem with my left arm. I get a stinging pain every time I rotate it, like when I turn a doorknob or check my watch.

Still no word on the treadmill, so I'm going to call them tomorrow.

I haven't gotten over my cola cravings yet, but am trying to fight them off with juice and water (I went with Mountain Valley btw)

I'm still doing well at Scrabble online, but that hasn't translated to victory at work yet. I've dropped two-in-a-row to one of my best buddies.

A golden raspberry to KATV-7 in Little Rock for pre-empting the 2-hour ALIAS premiere, which I THOUGHT I taped for viewing at work last night, only to get Jefferson Pilot Sports presents SEC Basketball. BLAH! I hate this! Jefferson Pilot were the ones that pre-empted a lot of Sooner games last season, and now they're screwing with my shows too!


2 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Your pain in the arm might be a rotary cuff tear. I would be interested. If you can pull any weight straight to you with no pain but unable to lift the arm up / straight on your side with pain is a good indication of a rotary cuff tear.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger laurie said...

expect alias and lost to be moved to after midnight from now until the end of the SEC tournament. the guys at work are bitching about this too, but since we work in tv and have the hookup to like a zillion satellites, they are able to record it straight from ABC. i think the plan is that abc is doing lost on weds nights at 12:30a and alias on thursday nights at 12:30a. the programming director @ katv is richard forrester...direct all complaints there ;)

i get shafted during football season b/c most of the michigan games are on abc and i'm stuck with a boring JP matchup between vanderbilt and kentucky. i can't see how katv could be making that much money from this contract!

i hope you find out something good about your pain! a rotary cuff tear sounds awful...maybe it's just a strain of some sort?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather