Nixon's Memoirs: I've been hiding at work.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

I've been hiding at work.

The troubled child business is alive and well, unfortunately, and combining that with flu season makes for a lot of opportunities for overtime at work. Today is my first day off since last Wednedsay.

Has anyone else noticed the downright hateful coverage of today's innagural? I can only speculate, of course, but I seriously doubt if John F'n Kerry had been elected that any of the major news organizations would be squaking about the cost, or the corporate sponsorship, or which bands were playing, yadda yadda yadda.

It seemed to me like they had already produced all these celebratory CGI graphics, and were using them just out of necessity, but with no real enthusiasm.

I will give kudos, however, to Bill Clinton and Bush Sr. Those two have been working hard to put politics aside and do what is absolutely right in regards to the tsunami aid. And one giant raspberry to Bill O'Reilly for polarizing George Clooney's genuine effort to raise money as well. I am a conservative, yes, but this does not mean that I am a grandma-stomping billionaire (my W-2 is proof of that.) As a human, and a Christian, I truly care about others, and applaud any and all efforts to relieve the suffering.

Personal goals today are to do laundry, and make a trip to the Home Depot for some supplies so I can finally restain my deck.

Oh, and still no treadmill, thanks to Premiere Fitness of Little Rock. They've already cashed the check, but the Landis L-7 is still "In transit". I can picture the two Mongolian messengers now traversing the South American jungle in an effort to bring me my treadmill.

Now go do the right thing! (hehe)

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger kel said...

I agree with you if John Kerry won none of the main stream media would be squaking about the cost.

I disagree about your comment on Bill O'Reily I dont think that O'Reily was not critizing the effort of George Clooney. What O'Reily said was that if George Clooney asks for money from people using his star power, he should follow up on where that money goes. Not just get the money and turn it over without ever knowing if it gets to where he promised people it would go to. I respect George Clooney and am glad he is using his star power to raise money for the relief effort, but I do agree that since he is using his face and star power that he has a committment to those that give the money to see where it geos.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

True, but I think the Red Cross has a good enough reputation that the usually well-meaning (and well respected by me) Mr. O'Reilly can stop worrying.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Dude, are you still hiding at work?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather