Nixon's Memoirs: Update.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Update.

Premier Fitness finally called the other day, and they're going to deliver my treadmill on Wednesday at 2pm. I asked them since it's been 3 1/2 weeks if they could throw in something extra. At first, they offered me a t-shirt, but when I reminded them I wore a 4X, they offered me a towell.

Great, I wait 3 1/2 weeks for $3700 treadmill, and they throw in the towell.

Guess who's not getting ANY more business from me?

I've been avoiding the sodas, though I still crave them. I've been carbonation free since January 6th.

I've been taking my laptop to work on Monday nights, and so far have been defeating my friend at Scrabble. I haven't played on "online" game in a while though.

Not to be a blasphemer or anything, but I never really was that big of a Johnny Carson fan. When I was young, sometimes I would get up and watch his show on the small black and white TV I had in my bedroom, and was never that impressed. Maybe it was because I expected so much more (like nudity and secrets to understanding adults) from the show, but it just never appealed to me. I was, and still am a Letterman fan, though (at least he blew stuff up) and Dave respected him, so there's that. I realize his importance in the entertainment field, and that theme song has been stuck in my head for decades, but he was never the "king" in my opinion.

Both my picks lost in the their respective "FC" title games, so my Falcons-Steelers dream Superbowl isn't happening. I cannot STAND the Eagles, or their fans due to their patently rude behavior, so I'll throw a half-hearted 'woop' the Patriots' way, watch for the commercials, and sit in anticipation of the upcoming baseball season.

Meanwhile, on the hardwood, my Sooners are 15-2, with back-to-back victories over arch rivals Texas and then 5th-ranked Oklahoma State. That, combined with their earlier win over defending champions UCONN, makes this look like a great season. BOOMER SOONER!

I'm happy to see the administration starting to make overtures about going into Iran. The student Democracy movement is strong there, and the oppression of the Mullahs needs to be put to an end. I hope we can put our focus there soon, and Iraq and Iran can be free Democracies.


1 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Blogger kel said...

A free towel....that doesnt even come up to the cost of the taxes. Well at least you will get it and get to begin to work out.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather