Nixon's Memoirs: Walkin' and missin' dinner.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Walkin' and missin' dinner.

Okay, Day 3 of the treadmill era, and so far, so good. It really is easy to motivate myself down to the den, and if I forget something, like a bottle of water, or a towell, I just have to run right back up and get it. This is far better than in the past when I'd be preparing for my trip to the YMCA, and gathering up all that stuff, getting myself in the car, and driving over there. I put a mile on the treadmill Thursday, and just over a mile on it today, as I'm going "30 minutes, or a mile, whichever's longer." It's a good slow start for me, considering my weight.

I was in a BAD mood Thursday. I had asked my boss TWO WEEKS in advance for that evening off, as my place of employment was having a "Employee Recognition Dinner", and I was one of the ones being honored for being there two years. (Ok, really I've been there over 3 1/2 years, but I quit for a month in 2002 to pursue cooking school, which worked out horribly so I went back to work.) NOBODY would work for me! They either had prior commitments, or were going to the dinner themselves. So, the day rolls around, and I have to work. If you're an "honoree" you get one free guest ticket, so I had planned on taking my wife. Here's the thing, they honor folks at 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, and after that I forget. So, the next time I'd actually be able to take my wife for free is January of 2008.

Pouring salt in the wound were the food service workers. They called to get our "dinner count" and when I started to tell them how many take-out trays we needed, they stopped me and said. "We're all going to the dinner, so you'll be all take-outs tonight." GRRRRRRR! Basically, that means they hand us all the food in big aluminum trays, and WE have to prepare and serve it.

Some employee "recognition" huh?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather