Nixon's Memoirs: Confessions of closet American Idol fan

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Confessions of closet American Idol fan


My American "Idol" Posted by Hello

I resisted the temptation for a good three years. I didn't watch one lick of it for Kelly Clarkson, Rueben and Clay, or Fantasia. I was proud of the fact, I wore my American Idol ignorance as a badge of honor.

Dangit, now I'm hooked.

My wife and I had the night off on Day 1 of auditions, and decided to watch and see the hilarious "bad" singers.

My choice is Carrie Underwood, the angelic voice from Checotah, Oklahoma. My second choice, Opera singer Briana Davis has already been eliminated, sadly.

Okay, there it is, I've "outed" myself. It doesn't make me less of a man... I guess.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Mr. Bean said...

Briana Davis was fantastic, I wish she would have advanced. I'd of liked to see her "transformatiom" (the way they made over dork Clay Aiken)I think if she'd have more time to prepare she could have gone far. I predict we might see her again next year.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger BillyBudd said...

I watch Amazing race and American Idol. There, out of the closet for me too. Remember they have to sing without music or backup vocals,a tough gig for anyone.

Yeah I like the show.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather