Nixon's Memoirs: DOWN TWELVE, BABY!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

DOWN TWELVE, BABY!

The second weigh-in is done, and I'm down TWELVE POUNDS! That's 382!

I have to admit, this past week has been HARD. I haven't blogged, because I just haven't had the time, and I didn't want to discourage myself or my readers with tales of my struggles. The workouts have really been no problem, yes, I've been sore, but I can deal with pain. It's the "pangs" I've really had a problem with. The portions on this new diet seem ridiculously low, but that's just compared with what has become a major portion-size explosion in our country. One thing is for sure, I can't argue with the results.

I feel better, I look better, and I can manage the diet. This week is the last week of the "pre-conditioning" diet where I eat three small meals and drink three shakes. Next week, we go to five shakes and one small meal a day. YIKES!

This week, in total poundage, I was the 2nd biggest loser. One other contestant lost 14 lbs. I haven't done the math on percentages yet, but I believe the woman who weighed 206 and lost 8 is the biggest percentage loss.

I'll have more from the front lines of the "Battle of the bulge" later on!

3 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger laurie said...

yay 12 pounds! that's wonderful! i don't think i could go eating solid foods just one meal a day though. i guess you get all the nutrition you need from those shakes, but still, i need to be chewing something.

maybe that's why i've been stuck at the same weight for over a month now. ask your expert how to get past the plateau! ;)

keep working! maybe you can run that 5k along with me in the fall!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger kel said...

Great job on the 12 pounds!

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Far out! 12 pounds? Man, that's a lot for one week. Congrads.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather