Nixon's Memoirs: Words of encouragement

Friday, March 25, 2005

Words of encouragement

I've been so delighted with the response I've gotten as a result of being on "Arkansas' Biggest Loser."

My wife, my parents, my extended family, my friends, my readers, my co-workers, even the kids at work are all very excited for me! The kids at work have now taken me on as their special project, and have been inspecting my lunchbox, and watching me like a hawk in the cafeteria. I love those guys. Here at home, my wife has finally decided to try the diet with me, as she was very impressed with the results of the first week.

I am not without my skeptics, however, a few of my fellow men-of-size at work are already coming up with phrases such as "it's just water weight" and "you'll put it right back on." Phooie! They just don't realize the intensity and effectiveness of this diet! The only one who can screw this up is me!

I did make a rather depressing revelation the other day, however. About a year ago, when my doctor told me that I needed to lose the weight, or that I would die in about ten years, I did very little to change my eating habits, and worked out only slightly more. Now, I DID get down to 344 at that point, but let it all pack back on. But, with the added motivation of $$$$$, I'm sticking to it. So, "It'll save your life" ehh. "I'll give you cash." OK! I guess that makes me a typical American.

The wife and I are going to see "Guess Who" today. We feel almost morally obligated to see it, as it is about a white male-black female romance. Not too many of those to choose from! (Bringing Down the House was close, but way too stereotypical.) I've seen some interviews with Bernie Mac about the film, and it appears as though they're handling the subject respectfully. I'll possibly have a review of the film later today or tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather