Nixon's Memoirs: Plausable Deniabilty

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Plausable Deniabilty

It was a beautiful day on Wednesday, the sun was shining, the temperature was pleasant, and so instead of running my air conditioner, I decided to just put my window down and enjoy the ride home from the YMCA. I stopped at Subway, put the window up, and went in for a healthy sub. I came back out, put the window back down, and drove home.

As I pulled into my carport, out came my wife and mother, who is visiting from Oklahoma this week, and I pressed the button to roll my window back up.

*Click*
*Click Click*

Nothing.

I tried all the other window buttons, and they all worked fine.

So, the driver's side window was busted.

Fast forward to this morning. I called Landers Ford on South University in Little Rock to make an appointment to see them. They said I could come in at anytime.

So, about 9:45, my mother and I arrive to get my window fixed, with plans to go shopping afterwards before my 3-11 shift.

The consultant tells me they will diagnose the problem, and come to me with an estimate. About an hour later, they come, and tell me it is the "motor" in the door, ok, yadda yadda, $370.

Fine, fix it.

The shuttled my mom and I at 11am to Denny's (less than half a mile away, but with no navigable walkway) and picked us up at Noon.

We returned to the service area, and went back in the waiting room. I had bought a paper at Denny's, and my mom was looking through the classifieds for a camper. She called a few numbers, and left a message with one seller. Then, that person called her back, and out of courtesy to the other folks in the waiting room, she stepped out into the hallway to talk.

My mom sat down in a chair in the hallway, which immediately collapsed underneath her, spilling her to the floor. Panicked, I ran out to see if she was O.K. My mother is 60 years old, and just recently had knee replacement surgery. NO EMPLOYEES offered to help.

After I had my mom resting comfortably in a non-broken chair, I talked with the cashier about what to do next. She had already written up a narrative, which contained some false information, as I read it through the cashier window as it sat on her desk. Plus, while I was helping my mother, she had taken the broken chair out back.

She said that she was calling the service manager for more help with the matter. Meanwhile, I went out back, and brought the chair back inside. Someone, I'm not sure who, took it BACK outside, and put it further away from the service area. I went out, found it again, and brought back to the hallway outside the waiting room and asked them to find me a camera so I could take a photograph of the chair.

Despite the fact there were photos all over the place of various employees, the claimed no camera was available.

This is when the service manager arrived. He didn't ask what happened, he didn't ask if my dear mother was O.K. He immediately GRABBED THE CHAIR, and said that if I wanted a picture of it, I would have to take a picture of it in the dumpster. I said "No, this chair needs to stay here" to which replied "If you don't get out of my way, I'm going to call the police and have you arrested" I said please do, because this was a legal matter, and that he was tampering with evidence.

I stepped aside, despite my wishes to tackle him and beat him senseless, and allowed him to dispose of the chair.

The lawyer I talked to, whose parents witnessed the accident, said that the chair was quite crucial in making a case against the dealership, which I'm quite sure this dirtbag of a manager was aware of.

Up until this point, my wife and I had planned to be loyal Landers customers for life. She bought her new vehicle from Landers Toyota, and I had planned on buying a new car from there in a few years. NEVER AGAIN! I am boycotting Landers.

My mom is going to see a doctor in the morning to check for damage, which they WILL pay for!

This service manager is the scum of the Earth, and I don't know how he lives with himself. What if this had been HIS mother?

I'm stepping off my soapbox now.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous B Copher said...

Dude,

Always, ALWAYS, carry a disposible camera in your car for this very reason and for reasons of accidents and for people who do stupid things.

Its hard to remember that verse though, whats the verse? "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another." yes, thats the one.

John 3:16
John 13:34-35
1 John 4:7-8

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather