Nixon's Memoirs

Tuesday, April 19, 2005


Ten years of missing you Trudy. Posted by Hello

Trudy Rigney helped save my life in February of 1995. We were on a camping trip with friends in Gore, Oklahoma, and as you might imagine on any ill-advised February camping trip, it got mighty cold that night.

I was struck with hypothermia, and Trudy was essential in getting everything organized to get me to a hospital.

Two months later, only two weeks away from her graduation from OU, two (or more) of the lowest forms of human life saw fit to take Trudy from this world along with 167 other innocent souls, leaving her son an orphan, and her family and friends saddened.

Trudy was interning at the Oklahoma Water Resources Board, across the street from the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in OKC.

I was working part time for WWLS/KNOR radio at the time, and needless to say that was one day I'll never forget. When I got home, exhausted that evening, I learned from my friend Danny, who was dating Trudy, that she had perished.

Ten years and pain and anger is still fresh. And today, it is revealed that Terry Nichols may have conspired with an Iraqi terrorist in the Phillipines.

I pray for forgiveness for all, but if these human demons do not ( or did not) seek it, I take small comfort in knowing where they'll be... far away from Trudy Rigney.

April 19th, 1995... NEVER FORGET.

5 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Trudy was/is my aunt... it is still nice to see so many good things about her...

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Kristi said...

trudy was my godmother...
I miss her so much

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous gail pinkerton said...

I worked with Trudy in Tulsa from the years 1984 -1994, she was a very special person and loved her son very much.

Gail Marlnee-Pinkerton

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Jack Gossett said...

I knew Trudy when we were both students at Tulsa Junior College (now Tulsa Community College. I still tear up when I think of her having her life taken in that terrible bombing. RIP Trudy.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Thomas Q said...

I am Trudys uncle. Every year I remember getting the news that Trudy was missing. She worked in a building across the street from the bombing. It took so long til we got the sad news. How horrible. In light of the news of the last few days. It shows there are so many evil people still out there. Trudy, you still live in the hearts of all of us who knew you. God bless. Tom Quarton...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather