Nixon's Memoirs: Circa Bellum

Friday, May 13, 2005

Circa Bellum

While part of the allure of blogging is certainly the ability to share one's thoughts and stories behind the wall and mask of the internet, it is also appealing for quite the opposite of events, if one so chooses.

Being that there are many Little Rock bloggers that I read, it was obvious that in my subconscious, that I truly wanted to MEET these folks, not just read them.

One of my regular readers, and a blogger I read regularly, Circa Bellum contacted me recently and invited me out to lunch. I just got back, and it was lots of fun! Van Lang is an undiscovered Little Rock treasure if you ask me, I can't believe I've never eaten there before.

Plus, Circa Bellum paid, which made it even better. (Thanks, man!)

I highly recommend those of us in "The Rock" get together at some point.

3 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Circa Bellum said...

Cook out! That's all I've got to say about that. We can do it at my house,we just need to get the other LR bloggers interested...

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger laurie said...

hmm..going to a strangers house doesn't sound all that appealing to me, but i'm one of those internet snobs and i've already finished my phase of meeting internet people ;) besides, i work at night so i'd probably miss the fun anyway!

bump into me at riverfest. i'll be appearing there the entire weekend...except friday night. no one gets friday nights off. rar!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

Sadly, I'll have to miss all of Riverfest this year due to a friend from years ago contacting me out of the blue and inviting me to his wedding, which is that same weekend. I WILL be at the Greek Food Fest on Saturday, is that doable for everyone?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather