Nixon's Memoirs: A miserable "Week off"

Saturday, May 21, 2005

A miserable "Week off"

I decided to take a week off of my diet to eat a few things I'd been craving. It has been a very painful reminder of how I used to live.

I've put on about 10 lbs this week, and I feel absolutely miserable. So miserable in fact, I've decided to cut the week short, and start back on the diet Monday.

This is now truly a lifestyle change for me, not just a contest. In fact, the contest is over, so that motivation is gone, but the motivation that remains is my personal health and well-being.

My wife and I have been pondering some other major lifestyle changes, both of which would expand our household. We've offered to adopt a 16-year-old girl at my wife's school, but she has numerous other offers as well, so no telling how that will work out.

Also, with the dropping weight, a lot of my previous health issues are improving, and it has prompted my wife and I to consider adding to the family, uhm, "naturally."

We went to the Greek Food Festival again this year, but it was too hot and too crowded to really enjoy anything. We each had a gyro, and I picked up some Pastisio for tonight.

We also had lunch at On The Border with the majority of the Biggest Loser bunch. After that, my wife and I went to J. Oliver's jewelry to cash in our gift certificate. They cleaned my wife's ring, they brushed my Titanium ring (which is now GORGEOUS) all for free! Then, with the gift certificate, we bought some "Elton Rocks" which benefit the Elton John Aids Foundation. They smell wonderful!

That's all for today!

3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Crazy Band Director said...

So glad I finally got to meet you nixon! Your lovely wife sent me your link, and just had to check it out and comment!
Gratz on the great weight loss with biggest loser (yup I'm still getting comments about you judging btw!) ... You guys are inspiring me to get back on the wagon once school lets out and get off my extra weight.

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Brian said...

My wife and I are now officially enrolled in Weight Watchers. I have been on it a week, and have lost about 10 pounds. Like you said, it is a permanent change. Once I started losing, just the thought of eating like I used to makes me ill. Here's to a new life(style!)
Offering your home to young adults is admirable and rewarding. I am glad there are people willing to practice what they preach!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger The Moose said...

Grumpamoose is no more. I have taken the blog down, and some organic gardening fanatic
has taken the name. Keep up the great work with losing weight.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather