Nixon's Memoirs: Road Rage

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Road Rage

I was headed to Baptist Hospital a little after six this evening to meet some of my fellow contestants for a brisk four mile walk.

As I turned onto Barrow Road, at the same time another car was turning left, I suddenly noticed a truck behind me, travelling at high speed and blaring its horn at me. I waved apologetically at them, even though it was obvious they had been going far too fast, as the speed limit on Barrow is 40.

They tailgated me briefly, and I tried to wave them around, as it was obvious they desired to go faster than I. The truck changed lanes, then pulled up right beside me, and the couple in the truck began gesturing at me. To my discredit, I returned the gesture, then slowed down, got over, and prepared to make my left turn onto Kanis Blvd.

This truck turned into a gas station, then came out directly in front of me on Kanis, BLOCKING MY LANE! I waved them over politely, acknowledging that he had indeed proved his point and gotten even with me by blocking me off. The truck didn't move.

Then, the guy starts to get out of his truck. I didn't stick around to see what he wanted, as I then sped around him and headed towards Baptist, where my three friends were waiting, and also contains a LRPD sub-station. The guy didn't follow me, thank goodness, and I didn't get his tag number, but he DID have some sort of business sign on the side of the truck. Some sort of printing company, but I couldn't find it in the phone book.

This is twice in the last seven days that people have been unreasonably mean to me, and I'm getting quite tired of it. In fact, I'm running out of cheeks to turn.

I will continue to try and be the better person though.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Circa Bellum said...

I do a lot of business with printers and know most of them. Email me the name and I'll let you know if I know who it is.

circabellum1 @ sbcglobal.net

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Burnt said...

You Nixon..

Good Luck on your quest to become the biggest loser!!!!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

Burnt? Is this the Burnt I know from WDN? Or some other Burnt?

Either way, welcome to the Memoirs!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather