Nixon's Memoirs: Happy 4th!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Happy 4th!

No, not Independence Day, though that does come up in a bit, today is/was my 4th Wedding Anniversary!

We began the festivities with a shopping trip to Wal-Mart for groceries. We had a great time and my MIL offered to buy us a new TV. We didn't pick out one there, because we didn't see the model/type we wanted, but cool anyway.

On our way out of electronics, my wife spotted the new Carrie Underwood CD single, and she threw it in the cart without me even asking. It includes her rendition of "Independence Day."

We came home, and while my wife put up the groceries I went out and bought a new black tie to match a dress shirt I haven't been able to wear in years. (BTW, I'm down to 343 lbs. 51 lbs total so far)

We got dressed up and went out to P.F. Chang's.

I read on another blog that I frequent that they had a bad experience. Well, it was NOTHING like that for us tonight! We made reservations for 5 pm, and were seated immediately. Our appetizers came out in just a few minutes, and were delicious. I had the Mango Chicken and my wife had the Moo Goo Gai Pan, both of which came out quickly and were magnificent!

Now I know this isn't what anyone would consider "authentic" Chinese cuisine, but it was indeed delicious.

For dessert, banana spring rolls, which had a great presentation, and were also magnificent. We ordered two more appetizers to go (for a total of four) and the tab was a mere $64. That was far less than we had intended to pay, so we tipped our fantastic waiter, Robert L, $20.

After dinner, it was off for the second half of our anniversary tradition, a movie.

We saw the new Herbie movie!

This was a FUN movie! It took me back to my childhood when I always enjoyed the original Herbie films. This was an hour and half of classic family entertainment! The only slightly objectionable scene was when Herbie falls in love with a New Beetle, and in addition to his windshield fogging up, his antenna pops up and makes a "boinging" sound. It's nothing a young child would catch, but its innuendo is obvious to us adults. Oh well.

Now I'm home and blogging. We still have a full house, so I don't know if the planned "finale'" of our anniversary will take place, but oh well...

4 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Circa Bellum said...

yeah, P.F. Chang's is very good. I think one of the best "Chinese" restaurants in the city now. The orange peel beef is a must try...

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger kel said...

Happy Anniversary! And good job on the 51 pounds!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger laurie said...

happy anniversary (belated)! happy birthday too! way to go on the 51 pounds. wow..almost too many compliments in one comment...

you should splurge on the XM radio..especially since they have the buy a radio, get a radio free thing going on...plus they have the family plan where you just pay another 6.99 a month for up to 4 additional radios. you probably knew that already though. is it obvious i have XM?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather