Nixon's Memoirs: Master Cylinder

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Master Cylinder

That's what went wrong with my Ford Exploder this time.

As is usual, whenever I'm potentially getting a little extra money for my Birthday or Christmas, my vehicle calls dibbs on it.

My mother was awarded a $2000 settlement from United Auto Group for the chair accident. $1500 for her, and $500 for me. After having her take the rest of the repairs out of that, I was due $300 in a few days, and we had planned on spending that on my birthday trip.

That's when the brakes went out.

For my most recent few Birthdays and Christmas's I've gotten: New Brakes, a radiator, and some other major repairs I don't recall. Now, for my 34th, a MASTER CYLINDER! ($293 with labor) Oh wow, that beats the crap out of the XM Radio and Tunica Trip I was wanting!

The answer I often get to this rant is: "At least you had the money to fix it."

I'm starting to loathe that answer.

So now, the plan for my birthday is to stay here in Little Rock and order the Jermain Taylor fight on PPV, invite over some close friends, and have a party at my place.

On the "good news" front, we were approved at Furniture Row yesterday for a credit line, and they're "No payments until 2006, No interest for blah blah blah" deal, and will soon be getting a new bedroom set and "Doctor's Choice" mattress. Sweet!

The bedroom set is a dark wood and black leather combo heaboard/frame, with a dresser/mirror and two beautiful end tables.

I'm praying my brother-in-law gets into an apartment this week. Join me, won't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather