Nixon's Memoirs: New TV!

Monday, June 27, 2005

New TV!


My mother-in-law bought us a new television today! As you can see it is the beautiful Sanyo 27" Tru-Flat Stereo TV! In addition, my wife surprised me by signing us up for a Comcast DVR. Both of these match the color of my Gamecube, so our living room entertainment center looks awesome! Granted, it's not HDTV, or Plasma, or LCD, or whatever, but hey, we're just middle-class Arkansans! And no, the new TV is not sitting on top of the old non-working TV.

We've been enjoying the DVR features all day, pausing and rewinding and fast forwarding episodes of the Cosby Show, etc.

My Brother-in-law (with us as co-signers) got the apartment! He'll be moving in Wednesday! My Mother-in-law, sadly, returns home Wednesday morning. We're taking her to Memphis tomorrow and plan on spending the morning and early afternoon there.

Work was rough last night, with a lot of kids acting out, and one self-harming. Grrr.

Overall though, today was a great day!

6 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger James said...

LOL! I remember when I got my DirectTV DVR for Christmas. I played with it for days just pausing, skipping, recording, rewinding. What stinks is it doesn't Tivo our local channels so sometimes my wife will say "Rewind it." when we're watching "Lost" or something on a network.

Enjoy your new toys!

James @ Right Face!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Nixon, congrats on the new TV. You'll love the DVR. We have it and use it a lot more than I thought we would.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Matt Wisner said...

Nice screen Bro... However, us Oklahomans think it would look much better on top of that old cabinet set!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

The wife wanted me to add that the TV was indeed a present for HER from her mother. An early birthday gift for September.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

My question is.. can you extract anything off the DVR? Does it work similiar to a VCR recorder?

The TV sounds really nice. Regardless if it's for you or your wife. heh heh

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

I have no practical knowledge, but there is a slot that appears to hold some sort of memory card, AND a USB port on the DVR device, so I assume some sort of portablity factor does or will exist with it, but assume it would only be to another DVR device. I guess that makes sense since you can't pop an 8-Track into your CD player either. I imagine with the USB, transfer to a DVD would be possible, but I have yet to investigate this possibility or the equipment needed to do so if it exists.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather