Nixon's Memoirs: Recent events

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Recent events

Friday, my dear old friend did finally come by with his new wife, and they treated my wife and I to lunch at IHOP. I swear our waiter looked like LL Cool J. It was really great to meet her (my wife already knew her through band at OU) and to see him again after almost four years of no contact. After lunch, they got back on the road, headed towards Knoxville for their next honeymoon destination.

I had some conflict with a co-worker this week, but I'm not alone, a lot of folks have clashed with this guy, including my boss. Basically this guy thinks he knows more than everyone else, and has started being openly critical of us, if not down right insulting. What's worse is that he does this in earshot of the patients, if not to the patients directly. I have this feeling that there is about to be some overtime available soon.

Speaking of overtime, my job recently put out two memos. One memo stated that we were short-staffed, and therefore would be utilizing nurses to fill-in as counselors. The second memo said that we were working way too much overtime, and that we would now be limited to 24 hours per week.

So, let me get this straight. We're understaffed, but we're working too much overtime. These two things are DIRECTLY related, people! If you don't hire more people, you can't solve both problems, you have to pick one. Well, they wen't with option C, which I don't object to, which was to bump our pay by about 6%. This, they figure, will help retain current employees and attract new ones. I figure they figure right.

My mother-in-law is visiting for two weeks this month.

The wife and I celebrate four years of marriage this month.

I turn 34 next month.

Nothing further on the "adoption", but it's not looking promising at this point, I think she's found another family that better suits her needs, which is fine.

Thanks, M-A for thinking of me!

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger laurie said...

dude i've had a crush on LL Cool J since i was like 15! i need to take a trip to ihop during the sunrise hours apparently. hehe

june sounds like an action filled month for you and your wife! enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather