Nixon's Memoirs: I decided.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I decided.

I weighed all the options and decided to go ahead and make the switch to weekday overnights. I begin in August.

A fairly mundane week. I lost 3 of the 5 lbs I somehow gained last week this week, so I'm now at 339 lbs. My wife's friend is still visiting. My wife babysat a very delightful seven-year-old this week with a rather large vocabulary and a pleasant manner. That was fun. It reminded me of the good times with and ex-fiance's seven-year-old son who called me "dad" once upon a time in '99. (I am not his father, but was interviewing for the job. His mom failed the interview.)

I am celbrating the beginning of my 35th year on earth (I turn 34 on Saturday) by having friends over to watch the Hopkins-Taylor fight. We just decided to forgo a trip this year because we just can't afford it, not even a weekend in Memphis. I was hoping the Travs would be in town for my birthday, but they are on the road. *sigh*.

We had a good visit with our friend Crazy Band Director, but sadly she had a wreck on the way home. She's OK, but dang if she didn't get the ticket, even though it doesn't seem like it was her fault from the way she describes it.

That's all for now!

3 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Matt Wisner said...

Happy Birthday Bro!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger laurie said...

i hope you have a great birthday! i wish i wasn't working so i could catch the fight too, but i was off last weekend. i'll just catch the highlights on sportscenter like everything else.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Happy belated birthday, Nixon!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather