Nixon's Memoirs: Long week/Clean House

Monday, July 25, 2005

Long week/Clean House

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, it's just been a VERY long week at work, and finally it is over. I worked one thirteen hour and four ten hour shifts this week, and slept most of the time I was home.

When I wasn't asleep, my wife and I fed our new-found addictions to Amazing Race and Clean House.

Clean House has inspired us to start going through our own clutter, which pales in comparison to the clutter on the show, and prepare for our very own yard sale. We're going to join in with our neighbors for a sale hopefully in a couple of weeks.

At work this morning, my co-worker was serving breakfast to the kids and accidentally dropped the bacon. I called the kitchen and asked the for some more. When I got there, the lunch-lady in charge told me that if this ever happened again, we weren't getting any extra.

Excuse me? Are you telling me you never drop anything in the kitchen while preparing the meal? I wanted to cuss her out, but I had patients with me and had to demonstrate proper decorum. The kids, of course, wished I had cussed her out.

That's all for now, luckily I'm off for a few days, and our previous houseguest has returned home. We get a new guest this week, namely "CrazyBandDirector" who will be here for a week-long conference. I'm looking forward to her visit! (seriously)

2 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Glad to see you back. Totally understand the crazy work schedule.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Matt Wisner said...

Missed ya bro!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather