Nixon's Memoirs: Shift Change

Friday, July 01, 2005

Shift Change

A position has opened up at work. It had been available to me before, but I've turned it down. The position is the weekday overnight slot, which would be Tuesday-Friday 11p-9a. This would finally put me on a regular sleep schedule, give me weekends off, and it would be a little more money due to shift differential. Those are the positives. The negatives are I'd be sleeping days, my wife would be sleeping alone four nights out of the week, and I would miss working with my current friend and co-worker on the weekend overnight slot.

Other stressors this weeks have been an e-mail from my mother-in-law. A co-worker referred to the incident as her "Going Endora on me." But, I kept my cool, and she and I came to an understanding. Also, I found out my dear cousin France Journey has been diagnosed with Grave's Disease, and she is coping with that.

We got the brother-in-law moved in Wednesday. When we went to return the U-Haul truck, the manager-on-duty was having some anger issues, and he ended up smashing the front glass door. Scary stuff.

The wife is visiting friends this weekend, but will be back mid-day Saturday.

That's my life this week. I'm hopeful Alberto Gonzales will make it to the Supreme Court with little hassle, but I doubt it. Thank you Hon. Ms. O'Connor for your service!

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I think Bush will want to make a bold pick and will therefore go for a Hispanic, but I don't know that it will be Gonzales, and not necessarily because of his role in the torture issue. In fact, I think he'd be as palatable to liberals as anyone else Bush could nominate. He does have some history as a moderate on abortion and some other issues. Another option would be Judge Emilio Garza. Of course, it's likely Bush will have at least one more pick for the court after this one, but since replacing the swing vote of O'Connor should be a bigger fight than Rehnquist I think he'll make his bold move here.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather