Nixon's Memoirs: Joy and Sadness in New York City.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Joy and Sadness in New York City.

My friend Nathaniel got a great job.

My friend Nathaniel got a great job...in New York City.

The wife and I have so few friends in Little Rock, and it pains us to lose ones as good as Nathaniel and his wife. I'm happy for them, of course, as I'm always encouraged when people improve their lot in life, but I'm sad at the same time, for we finally had another "friend couple" to hang out with.

They'll both be working for a major cable sports network (not ESPN, but a good one) that I watch quite often.

It's this sort of thing that makes me think I'm "dead-ending" in my own career. I'm 34, love what I do, but my job always makes me feel as though my employment there is tenative at best. My industry is so infested with turnover, that it has festered, er, fostered an atmosphere that seems to embrace transient employees. Much like minor league baseball, it seems to be home to those moving up in the world, or those in the twilight of their career trying to make due.

Nathaniel has been called up to "The Show", and I wish him all the luck in the world.

But dang I'm gonna miss him.

**********************************************
This is my first official "Weekend off" in quite sometime. I officially begin my new shift on Tuesday night. I hardly know what to do with myself, except for right now, because I'm about to throw myself in bed for a few hours in order to freshen up for the freedom of weekends being free!

Thanks again, M-A for checking to make sure I wasn't blog-dead.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger ntvs29gxvx said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger laurie said...

what on earth? did you get spammed in your comments section? bizarro..

we're losing a great employee toO! i didn't know they were moving until i found this award posting that mentioned she was leaving in december.

i'm glad you're back! i wondered what happened, but i am known to disappear from the blog world for periods as well. good luck with your new shift!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Gotta keep track of you. heh heh

Enjoy your weekends guy. Sounds like you been needing some rest for some time.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

Indeed, pay no attention to Comment 1 from "ntvs29gxvx"

To any spammer: Neither myself, nor any of my readers, are stupid enough to fall for this tripe. And anyone who WAS stupid enough to fall for this would also be too stupid to buy a stock.

Furthermore, get the *BLEEP* off my blog!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather