Nixon's Memoirs: Reveal day

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Reveal day

My wife returned from church camp yesterday, and I met her at the door. She spotted one thing before I could get her to set her bags down and close her eyes.

"Now I want you to think back and remember what this house looked like before you left for church camp..." I said. (Immitating the folks on Clean House)

"Now open your eyes!"

She reacted just like they do on the show! And just as she began to take it all in, I popped the cork on some champagne and poured her a glass.

I had cleaned, organized, and redesigned the living room, dining area, kitchen, office, and den. There is still some left to do, but the house is, IMHO, GORGEOUS!

She sipped on champagne as I showed her all my hard work.

After that, I went to sleep to rest up for my overnight shift.

It is freaking FIFTY FIVE DEGREES in the office area at work! They never can strike a medium there, it's either 55 or 95, and each time we complain about one, we get the other. Maintenance seems to think that despite our college educations, we're too dense to operate a complicated piece of machinery like a thermostat.

So, after a bone-chilling night at work, I returned home to a warm wife, who rightly rewarded me for all my hard work while she was away. ;)

It's a good thing.

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Matt Wisner said...

Attaboy! Nice move.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger laurie said...

so when are you coming to fix up my apartment? it's only a 1 bedroom, so it shouldn't take a week! i'll gladly sit on the couch and sip champagne and watch!

i think the inside was cancelled...and then they said they were bringing it back...but the morons of the planet had to make the dancing show the most watched in the ratings. i've never watched the inside completely, but the guys that run fox like it. i don't think it's dead yet though!

thanks for your notes of encouragement during this crappy stretch i've been having!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Way to go Nixon!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

So where are you at Nixon?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather