Nixon's Memoirs: Rough football weekend and baseball predictions.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rough football weekend and baseball predictions.

Well, the kids from the HS played hard, especially the defensive unit, but our opponent was also sporting a tough defense, and we lost the game 14-0.

Then, the debacle in Dallas, not that it was unexpected, but it hurt to watch the goodly number of Texas fans cheering in front of us at West End. I don't expect much more out of the Sooners this season, I'm just hoping they can pick up six wins somewhere and get to a bowl game.

On to my favorite sport, Baseball. I hope my Braves can pull out the NLDS with Houston and move on. I'm also rooting for the Angels on the AL side. The Cardinals look tough again this year. I did fairly well on my predictions last year, and I know it's late, but here they are for this year:

Chicago White Sox over Boston Red Sox (duh)
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim over New York Yankees.
Atlanta Braves over Houston Astros
St. Louis Cardinals over San Diego Padres (almost duh)

Angels over White Sox
Braves over Cardinals

The beloved Rally Monkey is Tomahawk chopped. BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN!

Update: Are you freaking kidding me? In the immortal words of Rob Schneider in "Waterboy" "Oh no! We suck again!"

18 FREAKING INNINGS, and the Braves lose. It brought back flashbacks of the July 4th-5th 1985 game I attended as a boy.

GO ANGELS!

4 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger kel said...

I dont guess I will show up at my cousins at Thanksgiving decked head to toe in Sooner Gear to laugh at the Texas fans this year...last year it was fun this year not so much.

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ASTROS WIN, the ASTROS WIN.....down go the braves....sorry not a big braves fan. Good thing you didn't have money riding on those predictions. Go Cardinals.....all the way!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

Geez, would you like to borrow some SALT to rub in my wound?

I think I'll stop allowing anonymous comments.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Nixon Casablanca said...

I now officially have no favorite teams in the World Series. My wife is somewhat of a Cubs/White Sox fan, so I guess I'll just go ahead and root for the Sox. Although I did catch her rooting for Houston last night when St. Louis made that dramatic 9th inning comeback.

I just hope it's a good, fun series, because after that I'll be counting the days to Spring training.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather