Nixon's Memoirs: Family drama/ A break for a bowl game.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Family drama/ A break for a bowl game.

Well, I should have known it was too good to be true. A wonderful trip to Oklahoma, with the Brother-In-Law (BIL) in tow. We took him to see several old friends of his he hadn't seen in a while, we put him up in a nice hotel, we got him nice presents, we fed him good food. We laughed, we joked, we actually enjoyed his company for a while.

And then Tuesday night he pilfered our ATM card in the middle of the night and ran up $300 in "Psychic Hot Line" and/or Phone sex charges. He also snagged his own ATM card (we handle his money, long story there)and overdrew his own account.

I've been warding off violent fantasies ever since, and he is now ETERNALLY banned from our household.

On a much brighter note, the MIL is visiting, and has helped us with the BIL situation temporarily, will full expectation that he will pay her back. AND HE WILL.

I'm taking off work tonight so I can enjoy the Oklahoma-Oregon matchup at the Holiday Bowl in its entirety. I'm so glad my own supervisor is on-call this week, because as long as we find our own coverage, he doesn't ask any questions about why we want off. Other supervisors always act suspicious and want to know specifically why we want off, and what we're doing, and why what we're doing is so much more important. One time, while in Oklahoma for a funeral (my step-dad's mother) I called and arranged coverage with a co-worker, then called the on-call supervisor to let him know of the switch. He asked why, and I told him that I was going to help my parents sort through my grandmother's things. His response? "Why? She's dead, her stuff isn't going anywhere." I slammed the phone in his ear.

I feel that as long as I've found my own coverage, I should be able to take off with no questions asked. If that same supervisor ever asks me "Why" again, I'll most likely respond with the following:

"Well,sir, I'm taking a bus to Ecuador to pick up a three-legged goat I won on eBay that can sing Phantom of the Opera. I would have had it sent, but the shipping on that sucker was off the chain! Say, you want me to bring you back some Cubans? You want me to put you down for a reserve copy of my goat's upcoming album?"

I think he'd stop asking me after that.

Please pray for my sanity.

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

More likely he would ask which record label for the singing goat and/or how much did you pay on Ebay.

Sigh. Supervisors are too much like spoiled children at times.

I hope your sanity returns. ; )

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger kel said...

My hubby has had to deal with a BIL situation my brother has once again betrayed the trust that I tried to bestow..ugh aggrivating.

I too hope your sanity returns!

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger zaibashar said...

Call us at we24support Lexmark Printers Support number at 1-866-978-0799,Enhance your system functioning and keep it clean with we24support services.
Lexmark Printers Support
lexmark printer technical support

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous -blessed holy socks said...

Precisely why I had my epiphany: wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon…

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather