Nixon's Memoirs: I dislike snow, sleet, freezing drizzle et al.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

I dislike snow, sleet, freezing drizzle et al.

Thanks to the vagueness and unpredictability of weather forecasts, I went in to work two hours early last night to avoid was was projected to be as bad as 4 inches of snow. I had light flurries about five minutes from work. The real snow/sleet didn't even start until around 2am, and it wasn't even enough to close down Little Rock schools. (Much to the dismay of our patients.)

I had gone prepared, with blankets, pillow, C-PAP, hygiene products, emergency rations, etc.

Oh well, better overprepared that unprepared I guess.

My only fear is tonight it is supposed to get well below freezing once more (16 F) and if the roads aren't dry when it happens, it'll be Nixon on Ice going into work. There are many many things I'd rather be doing that driving on ice. Like, oh, I dunno, rolling around naked in fiberglass for instance. (Another story for another time.)

Pray for extreme dryness.

3 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger laurie said...

it was dry when i came home from work tonight, so hopefully you had an uneventful trip in yourself!

i'm sticking with my philosophy - when the weathermen say it's going to snow, don't hold your breath. when they say "we are not expecting a major winter weather event" (as they did last christmas), stock up on essentials asap!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

I dread the ice. I hate driving on it. We haven't gotten anything out here in NC yet. At least in the part of NC i'm in.

Be careful if the roads do get slick!!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Uber said...

...and 3 days later I pray ya made it instead.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather