Nixon's Memoirs: The latest goings-on

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The latest goings-on

Not a lot, really.

I will start out by saying this, however. Folks, if you work in a job where your primary responsibility is the safety of others around you, it might be a really good idea to remain, oh, I don't know, AWAKE while you're on the clock.

I work nights, and I know it's not easy. I drink coffee at night and I take sleep-aids during the day, but I get through because I love my job, and I want to keep it. Not to mention the fact that falling asleep in a house full of teenagers, some of whom have homicidal/suicidal ideations, doesn't rank very high at all on my list of "Smart things to do. "

The good news here is that their are some new openings at my workplace.

Things are going well on the church front. One of the new Children's Ministry directors sat in on our Sunday school class this week, and she really enjoyed our teaching. For the most part, the kids are really good at listening and taking suggestions. I wish I could say the same for our worship team. I realize that we are not being broadcast to anyone other than the folks in the "family" worship room (screaming baby room) but since I am on the Tech Team (camera ministry) I do like for my work to look good. So, we've asked the singers, musicians, and ministers to follow one simple suggestion. "Please don't wear the same color as the background." Right now, and for the foreseeable future, our background is black. I would say "Don't wear black", but sure enough as soon as I do, they'd change it to blue, and everyone would start wearing blue.

Sunday, a singer, a guitarist, AND the pastor wore black, creating the dreaded "floating head" effect in our camera shots. Monday, the night I run camera, FOUR singers/musicians, including the opening soloist wore black. Is it that hard? I mean, I know it seems like such a silly little thing to pick at, but a good presentation, IMHO, glorifies God, and I thought that was the whole point of doing this.

I, of course, am not without my own faults. I've gotten bad shots, been out of focus, moved the camera while "on", etc. But I do take some pride in my work, and try my best to correct my mistakes when the occur. I certainly follow advice from others when it is given.

This is not something I'm mad about, it's just one of those things that baffle the soul.

On the diet front, oh my have I been struggling. I can't seem to get on that treadmill lately, and my holiday pounds still remain firmly around my waist. Last night, I had an unexplainable and intense craving for egg rolls and won tons. We ordered them, and they were quite good. I'm going to have to make sure I work out today, and at least three times this week.

It appears I have rambled on quite enough for one post. I'll endeavor to post more frequently.

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger kel said...

Good luck on getting more motivated to get those holiday pounds off. I am going slowly I have lost 7.5 pounds since the 1st would be more if I would excecise so that is my bad.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Dawn Penguin said...

Check out the walking challenge at http://www.xanga.com/item.aspx?user=KiminMI&tab=weblogs&uid=449927445
:)

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A true Nixon knows the university of Oklahoma IS Oklahoma State University. I just saw the OU on your page. A Nixon from Oklahoma, living in Texas, God forgive me but that's where my job is.

Have a great Day,
KNIxon...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather