Nixon's Memoirs: Pink-Eyed Pirates and growing old.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Pink-Eyed Pirates and growing old.

Well, another 16th of July has come and gone, and I now find myself half-way to being 70.
It was not the grand event of a birthday that we had so gleefully planned earlier in the year, but per usual, money gets in the way. Truthfully, money did not get in the way, in fact, money stayed way clear of our path most of the time.

Therefore, the trip to St. Louis, the visions of Emo's Pizza and Cardinals baseball dancing in my head gave way to dinner at the Dragon Palace, and a trip to the theatre to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, where it felt I aged another year or two.

My darling wife has been in Memphis, bettering her education and learning more about teaching youngsters music. Meanwhile, I've been at home, suffering from conjunctivitus and flu-like symptoms. I saw the Doc on Friday, and felt a little better by the weekend, so when she came home, we were able at least to enjoy the above activities.

Now she's back in the Volunteer State for a second week of studies, and I find myself bored to tears. It's funny, usually all I think about is having more time to watch TV and play online, and now that I have it, I find it's just not a fulfilling as I thought it would be.

Anyway, thanks to the miracle of modern medicine, I'm feeling somewhat better, and I guess in the end, that's all anyone can ask for.

Pray for the victory of Israel!

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Glad to hear your feeling better Nixon. Nice to also see your still blogging.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Dawn Penguin said...

Haven't seen POTC:DMC yet. Happy Birthday (belatedly) :)

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Alright guy, you still out there? Nearly a month of no blogging.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Middle_America said...

Alright buddy. Still no articles? Here is your official second shout-out.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home




Laura Ingraham Show

Michelle Malkin




THIS WEEK'S SERMON FROM CHURCH @ ROCK CREEK



Lileks.com



Michael Eubanks
Click



My blog is worth $95,971.80.
How much is your blog worth?



BLOGS FOR NIXON:
  • Travelerocity
  • g Sides
  • Middle America
  • Busy Busy Mommy
  • Laurie's 'Stupid Mouth'
  • Jewelsie
  • Who reads this crap?
  • Samantha Burns
  • Marcvs The Bard
  • Penquin's Ponderings
  • Musical Musings
  • Mister Mom
  • The Blogfather
  • Words by Nikki
  • Baseball Crank
  • Techno Stan
  • Michelle Malkin
  • Powerline
  • Arkansas Blog Index
  • Spatula City BBS
  • Dustbury, Oklahoma
  • Stephie's Thoughts
  • Republican Jen
  • Infinite Monkeys
  • Ivy Slush
  • Circa Bellum
  • Nehring The Edge
  • Annika's Journal
  • Passing Thoughts
  • Rite Turn Only
  • Six Meat Buffet


  • Who Links Here
    FUN ZONE
  • Wrassle.Net
  • I Sketch

  • My Yahoo!Launchcast Station

  • Acro Challenge

  • WWLS Radio

  • OTHER LINKS


  • Matt Dusk

  • BEER FOR SOLDIERS!
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Site 

Meter
    Glenn Reynolds Says

    The Alliance

    Listed on BlogShares

    The WeatherPixie
    Little Rock Weather